Craig's List Phenomena
I found a pretty awesome deal and called the guy telling him that I wanted it. It was a Saturday night and I said that I'd come get it on Monday. Then I get an email Sunday saying that he just sold it to someone else. I was pretty frustrated by my loss and ended up quickly buying another one that wasn't quite as nice, but I was not going to be undercut again. Then I made the classic mistake of continueing to monitor Craig's List where I regularly saw benches better than mine going for the same price or less. So I decided that mine did pretty much everything I wanted anyway, but I'd still put it up for sale just to see what happened.
I received a few calls in the first couple of weeks, but nothing panned out. Then after more than a month (when the ad had already expired) a lady contacted me and I sold it for $25 more than I bought it, plus I kept a small dumbell set that the guy had thrown in. Two day's later I bought the weight bench pictured here (for the same price I bought the first one) with which I am completely satisfied.
About the only differences between the two are:
1. preacher curl station
2. low cable
3. two weight holders on each side instead of one
4. it's more shiny and pretty
So if you discount the gas money to run around and all of the time I spent looking at ads, I got a steal of a deal on this fine piece of equipment.
Comments