Highly Qualified
This is actually NASA's astronomy picture of the day today, I'm just borrowing it. It's the recent full moon (largest there will be in'09, 15% larger and brighter than typical - http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap090113.html - has the full description). I particularly like the picture because it was taken in the French Alps.So why the "Highly Qualified" title you might ask? Well that's because I just started a geology course so that I am highly qualified to teach non-physics science classes (currently engineering, robotics, and integrated (physical) science). I think I'll actually enjoy the class, I'm just a little concerned about covering the 750 pages of material and getting all the "Highly Qualified" paperwork processed before my district starts looking at laying people off.
So far I've learned a couple of interesting snippets: the internal heat of the Earth is largely due to fission (makes sense, just don't think I ever realized it), and relating back to our full moon, the footprints of the astronauts on the moon will remain there for millions of years. If that's not something to make you want to be an astronaut, I don't know what is.
Comments