Has the Future Arrived?

String theorist Michio Kaku came and spoke at my school a few weeks back.  I enjoyed his presentation enough that I waited in line for a few hours (I did bring a chair and plenty of work with me) to hear him speak again in the evening at UNR.  I didn't enjoy the later presentation as much, and now the more I listen to him the more canned he comes across to me.

This video is more or less what he shared in the presentations I attended.  I realize that he overstates the case for physics being at the heart of science and for science being essentially the engine of all progress and wealth, but it's still fun to listen to from a physics teacher's perspective.



He talks a lot about the technology of the future, which I find a bit cheesy, but seeing this preview of Google Glass makes me feel like augmented reality is right around the corner.



The developers claim that a greater integration of technology into our lives will actually help us to experience more, rather than the current trend of missing life because we're staring at screens all to often.  Interesting approach.  Stop staring at screens by having a permanent screen always in view.  Regardless, Glass looks pretty impressive.

Comments

Ryan said…
I started watching the video, but it's pretty long, so I only watched a few minutes. Is it worth it?
Brett said…
Well, I don't think I'd watch it unless I could do something else at the same time.

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Stats - Solar

Two Speeches

Books (2022 and 2023)