Yearly Stats

So my usage was up a bit last year.  It's hard to say how much of this is due to my behavior and how much is just due to weather differences (since heating and air conditioning make up the lion's share of most anyone's usage).  I guess I could do something like count the days I use my a/c and heater and record the high and low temperatures on those days...but that seems a little extreme even for me.


Production is remarkably steady.  I was down 0.06% from 2012 to 2013, but 2012 was a leap year so I was actually up 0.21% if you look at the daily average.

Overall my electrical "production to usage" ratio is 132% since installing my panels.  I have 5,576 kWh of surplus credits which is 78% of my average yearly usage.

Comments

justice4some said…
Couldn't you get data on variance below average temperature in winter and above average temperature in summer to give you some information on heating/cooling requirements in a given year without requiring any manual tracking?

Also, do you have a clear goal in banking energy yet, such as buying an electric car once you hit a surplus of 300% of yearly usage?
Brett said…
Yeah, that would probably be the easier way to go. With a few minutes looking around I didn't see a great source of historical weather records though. Much of last year's increase can be chalked up to a really cold January and a really hot July (we had a few weeks straight of running the a/c around the clock).

I don't really have a surplus goal. My plan is basically to wait until my Corolla wears out and then buy an electric car. I figure by then I've have more money to pay for it and a sizable surplus to tap into. Plus I've heard that UNR is putting in some charging stations where they'll let you charge your battery for free, so that'll be pretty awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Stats - Solar

Two Speeches

Books (2022 and 2023)