Privitization
I'm teaching about Special Relativity right now and one of my students asked if we were going to be learning about General Relativity. They were a bit disappointed when I said no, so I put my blog post showing some of the math involved in General Relativity up on the projector to help them understand why we wouldn't be covering it.
Then a couple of days ago a teacher mentioned to me that he saw a student reading my blog on their laptop. Today another student asked me who Aaron was. I don't know if I even mentioned that the General Relativity info was on my blog, but someone caught on nonetheless and apparently quite a few students have been checking it out.
Not that anything would likely come of it, but I like to keep a little distance between my students and my private life. Sorry for any inconvenience (e.g. no more notifications from RSS readers). I gave permission to the handful of people that might look at this from time to time. If you know anyone else who does, let me know.
Then a couple of days ago a teacher mentioned to me that he saw a student reading my blog on their laptop. Today another student asked me who Aaron was. I don't know if I even mentioned that the General Relativity info was on my blog, but someone caught on nonetheless and apparently quite a few students have been checking it out.
Not that anything would likely come of it, but I like to keep a little distance between my students and my private life. Sorry for any inconvenience (e.g. no more notifications from RSS readers). I gave permission to the handful of people that might look at this from time to time. If you know anyone else who does, let me know.
Comments
kellilarsen@gmail.com
I actually deprivatized recently, but if I change my mind again I'll keep you in the loop.