2016 Stats - Energy

  • It was our lowest year yet for natural gas usage.  We didn't swap out any appliances or change any habits (as far as I can tell), so this most likely comes down to having milder winters at the ends of 2016.
  • Electric usage was down a bit from 2015 (the only other full year of EV ownership).  Given that the standard deviation of my electrical usage before adding my EV was about 450 kWh, this drop of 250 kWh was well within typical fluctuations.
  • Charging station usage was up 33%.  There were a couple of notable changes in my behavior: 1) for part of 2015 I was only commuting 4 days a week because I didn't have a class to teach on Fridays and 2) with the restructuring of the net metering rates I charged my car to 100% at work so I wouldn't have to charge as much at home (despite this potentially shortening the life of the battery a bit).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Stats - Solar

Two Speeches

Books (2022 and 2023)