2016 Stats - Weight
A few years back I realized that I was getting older and needed to be a bit more serious about managing my weight. I exercise pretty consistently from mid May to mid August and then much less consistently during the school year.
Here I've broken out each of the last three years to look at my yearly cycle. Since losing 10 pounds every summer and gaining back 5 in the off-season isn't sustainable in the long-run, I figured that my new goal would be to keep my weight between 155 and 160. I managed that pretty well in 2016, but since I'm close to 160 right now with 4.5 months to go before next summer, maybe I've been taking it a little too easy.
Last summer my routine was running three days a week and doing P90X3 three days a week, plus a little bit of weight training. The third P90 iteration has the workouts down to a manageable 30 minutes and throws in a good variety of workout types. I'm a fan. But I have also learned to enjoy running so I add that to the mix. I only go 3 miles or so. I mean, I'm not crazy. Getting out in the desert with the wild horses can be pretty cathartic. Once I was in the middle of a band of several dozen, it was pretty surreal. I've also come close to stepping on a couple of snakes, one time it was a small rattler.
I didn't count calories or adjust my diet at all last summer. I do try to eat fairly healthy year round (rarely drink soda, not too interested in candy, etc.), but I might need to be a bit more careful if I want to realize my 155-160 goal.


Comments