2017 Stats - Energy


  • Natural Gas was just a hair (1.3%) below average.
  • Electricity was an all time high, but fairly typical of what I've used since owning an EV. And since I switched from a Nissan Leaf to a Chevy Volt in August I have been using even more energy for charging my car. That's because the Volt has a smaller battery, which means rather than having some charge left after coming home from work (and charging there), it's often completely discharged. So I end up using more energy at home to recharge than I used to.
  • I also switched to time-of-use billing for my electricity, which apparently didn't make me use any less. I'm still waiting on NV Energy to contact me regarding what my yearly bill would have been on a traditional rate plan to see if TOU was beneficial.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Stats - Solar

Two Speeches

Books (2022 and 2023)