2018 Stats - Energy

  • Another all-time high for electricity consumption. This is largely due to my Volt having a smaller battery than my Leaf did, leading to more charging at home and less at the free charging station at work. When I get my Model 3, electricity usage should come down significantly ;)
  • I used about 500 kWh more than I produced with my solar panels this year (not shown on chart). If I do that again next year I will have to pay for electricity for the first time since installing my solar array in 2011. I would still have a sizable stockpile of credits if it weren't for the net-metering fiasco in 2016 that ate most of it away.
  • Speaking of fiascos, it took me a couple of months to sort out my TOU billing issues at the beginning of the year. The short version is that TOU will not work for solar customers in Nevada...and NV Energy doesn't realize that. Though I was able to remedy the situation in my case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Stats - Solar

Two Speeches

Books (2022 and 2023)