Energy Stats (2022 and 2023)

I bought a Nissan Leaf in 2014. Sold it and bought a Chevy Volt (phev) in 2017. Bought a Chrysler Pacifica minivan (also phev) in 2020, and now...... a Tesla Model 3 in 2023! I've been wanting one of these since the reveal event in 2016. Even though I had driven them many times, owning one is still more enjoyable than I expected. When school is in session, I'm able do almost all of my charging for free at stations at or near UNR. I average spending $4 per month on charging at home.

It has a range of 270 miles, so if I top it off on Friday, I can usually make it through the weekend (even with trips to Reno, Fallon, or Tahoe) without needing to charge until I'm back at UNR on Monday.


We decided to keep the Volt since we are now a 3 driver family (my goodness is insurance expensive for teenage boys). I was hoping our electricity consumption would fall by more than it did from 2022 to 2023, but I only had the Tesla for 5 months of the year, and Dallin ended up doing a lot more driving than I expected (friends in Reno, robotics team in Virginia City, church activities in Fallon, etc.).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Stats - Solar

Two Speeches

Books (2022 and 2023)